So, visual voicemail is one of the “features” of the iPhone. When I got my 3GS it was squirrely. At some point, it simply stopped working. I’m not really much of a complainer so I just dealt with it for a long time. I decided today was the day this problem went away. I would like to thank @spleck, @inflatedKarma, and @tma for their assistance on this project.
- Changed my stupid voicemail password, thereby forcing the iPhone to stop just assuming “everything will be ok.” This is done by following the steps found on AT&T’s answer center. This is actually a pretty well written document, so I have to give props to AT&T for a job well done.
- This didn’t make it work by itself. I attempted to then change my voicemail password on my iPhone to match as follows:
- This didn’t work, so I had to reset all carrier settings. I had screencaps of that, but it seems I can only make 1 gallery per post on wordpress at my current wordpress skill level.
- Once I did that, it asked me for my voicemail password. I set it appropriately and voila, I had visual voicemail.
I should be embarrassed it took me that long to get around to fixing my stupid voicemail. Now it works.